Table of Contents
Are you struggling with doing some unavoidable backend chores on your WordPress websites, and finding these time-consuming tasks dousing your creative business skills?
Running a WordPress website is not an easy task, you have to take care of several factors like the website design, security breaches, performance, marketing, upgrades, backup, and so on. And, practically all these tasks take up the entire day to be completed. Hence making time to work for the betterment of the business or thinking of a new business idea becomes difficult.
Imagine, you have a platform that can liberate you from this pain by taking care of all these crucial yet time-taking chores at their end, allowing you to focus more on your business growth.
Alleviating, isn’t it?
Managed WordPress Hosting is something to go for. In this article, we will acquaint you with the power of managed WordPress hosting, and some of the best-managed hosting providers you can choose from, based on your needs.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress hosting is a facility introduced and optimized for WordPress websites to manage all of the technical aspects of your WordPress website for you, allowing you to focus on creating and sharing great content and prospering your business. With the managed WordPress hosting on your side, you don’t have to worry about website updates, speed, up-time, or anything like that.
How can Managed WordPress Hosting benefit you?
- Optimized to deliver high-performance
- No more struggling with the slow speed of the website, server caching takes care of it, handling the sudden traffic surges effectively.
- Decreases network latency, TTFB, and ensures faster page load times through strategically located data centers.
- Automatic backup prevents data loss.
- Make your testing process a breeze through one-click staging environments
- Is Developer-Friendly (SSH, Git, WP-CLI)
- Takes care of the security of the website
- Scalability up-gradation is just a click away.
Top 5 Managed WordPress Hosting Providers
1. WP Engine
WP Engine is the first and one of the most popular managed WordPress hosting providers in the market. Packed with some incredible features as well as by offering tremendous customer support, WP Engines continues to set the excellence bar for the other hosting providers available in the market.
Why should you choose WP Engine?
- Offers approximately 55K WordPress plugins
- Facilitates Single sign-on(SSO) authentication
- Performs automatic encrypted backups as well as updates and patches
- Runs on the most reliable and fast Google Cloud Platform, hence, delivers outstanding performance
- Offers automated and free SSL certificates that make your website more secure
- Facilitates automated migrations
- Offers customer support 24/7
- Provides excellent development and staging environments
- Offers a front-end system called Evercache that makes the customer’s digital experiences incredibly fast and scalable.
- Offers one-click staging facility
- Allows you to use the CDN(Content Delivery Network) for free.
Plans Startup Professional Growth Scale Managed Hosting 22 USD/month 44 USD/month 86 USD/month 217 USD/month Managed Hosting Plus 25 USD/month 47 USD/month 93 USD/month 232 USD/month
WP Engine is highly recommended for companies who are looking for hands-off managed WordPress hosting, with everything precisely managed. However, if you are someone who would be interested in accessing the cPanel and have some budget restrictions, WP Engine might not be for you.
SiteGround is perhaps the highest-rated hosting provider in the WordPress community that offers “full-service WordPress hosting for all types of sites”. SiteGround offers you several facilities like fast servers, excellent WordPress security, automated updates, one-click staging, and many more. Recently SiteGround has also introduced the latest collaboration tool, that allows you to collaborate with the developers of the website or ship the website to the client.
Why should you choose SiteGround?
- Offers incredible website performance.
- Includes CDN.
- Offer Free SSL certificates for all plans.
- Takes daily backup and keeps up 30 copies.
- Offers powerful caching.
- Facilitates smoother WordPress transfer.
- Simplifies website testing through staging.
- Offers managed security and updates.
- Provides 24/7 customer support.
Plan StartUp GrowBig GoGeek Price 4.99 USD/month 7.99 USD/month 14.99 USD/month
SiteGround proves to be a great choice for the companies looking for WordPress hosting providers which manage the basic aspects of the website while staying on budget. However, if your website has to deal with heavy traffic, it might not be able to handle that.
Kinsta is a managed WordPress hosting provider, powered by Google Cloud Platform, that takes care of all the needs of your website precisely. The popularity of Kinsta is rising with each passing day, owing to its facilities like automatic scaling, absolute security for customers’ data, unparalleled performance, and fast support.
The best thing about Kinsta is its pricing plans, which have been designed for all types of enterprises and businesses. Also, if you are not sure about its services, it allows you to take one month trial of its packages.
Why should you choose Kinsta?
- Provides free CDN for all the plans.
- Offers free migrations and a hack-fix guarantee with all its plans.
- Offers self-healing technology that checks the PHP services and automatically takes action if required.
- Facilitates both automatic as well as on-demand backups
- Provides efficient staging environment
- Protects your website from hacking and malware.
- Provides a multi-user environment.
- Offers free SSL certificates
- Automatic database optimization
- Allows you to access Secure Shell(SSH).
- Allows you to clone any of your websites with a single click.
- Comes with a performance monitoring tool that allows you to monitor the performance of your WordPress Website.
Surprisingly, Kinsta comes with 10 pricing plans, allowing you to scale up or down your business seamlessly.
Plan Price Starter 30 USD/month Pro 60 USD/month Business 1 100 USD/month Business 2 200 USD/month Business 3 300 USD/month Business 4 400 USD/month Enterprise 1 600 USD/month Enterprise 2 900 USD/month Enterprise 3 1200 USD/month Enterprise 4 1500 USD/month
The price of the Kinsta plan starts at 30 USD which is quite high in comparison to the other options available. Also, Kinsta does not facilitate email hosting to the users. Hence, if the budget is not a constraint for you, Kinsta could be a great host for your WordPress website.
Bluehost is a known name in the hosting sector, been officially recommended for WordPress websites. Bluehost offers the managed WordPress hosting services by the name WP Pro- a fully managed setup. WP Pro, along with the admin panel of the web services, also provides an all-in-one marketing dashboard equipped with all the necessary marketing tools.
Why should you choose Bluehost?
- Offers an unlimited number of websites in all the plans.
- Allows you to set up unlimited domain names.
- Allows you to use unlimited subdomains.
- Provides unlimited disk storage.
- Puts no limit on the traffic.
- Provides incredible customer support assisting them throughout their journey.
- Offers faster loading speeds and increased security.
- Offers a Staging environment to test your website.
- Global CDN enabled for your website.
- Takes Daily backups
- Free SSL for all the websites
- Takes care of the security of the website by malware detection and removal
Plans Build Grow Scale Price 19.95 USD/month 29.95 USD/month 49.95 USD/month
WP Pro is more suitable for small businesses and beginners. It is not as robust and mature as WP Engine and Kinsta but fits in the budget.
Flywheel is a fabulous managed WordPress hosting provider which offers uninterrupted services and is considerately built for busy creatives as well as non-developers. Flywheel offers a suitable plan for every stage of your agency.
From freelancers, bloggers, to full creative teams and small business owners, Flywheel’s is a go-to platform that will support you and your clients every step of the way. Just like Kinsta and WP Engine, Flywheel is also built on top of the Google Cloud, hence delivers excellent uptime, website speed, and availability.
Why should you choose Flywheel?
- It has a beginner-friendly interface.
- Offers an intuitive dashboard that makes website management easier.
- Runs and restores the nightly backups.
- Offers free SSL for all the plans.
- Provide staging environment.
- Allows you to collaborate with your coworkers.
- Provides hacker-free security.
- Provides free CDN for your website.
- 24/7 customer support.
Plan Tiny Starter Freelance Agency Price 15 USD/month 30 USD/month 115 USD/month 290 USD/month
Flywheel proves to be a great option for small businesses with limited needs. However, if you want additional and advanced services, the plan gets pricey. Also, it only provides chat support to the customer, no calling service is available.
Are you ready to leverage Managed WordPress Host for your Website?
Money is the driving force of every business, hence keeping close attention on each dollar spent is a justified action. However, if you want to make the most out of your business, you need to think beyond this, instead of just tracking your cash outflow, you should also focus on the value achieved through it and hence, strategize your investments accordingly.
Having said that, managed WordPress hosting is one such investment for your business, that is worth considering. It might seem costlier initially, however can benefit your business in the long run. Unlike, the cheaper options, you need not pay additional charges for advanced features in the future, the managed hosts have it all.
So, without further ado, pick the best-fit host for your website from the list, and switch to it now. However, if you are already using one of the cloud platforms like AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud, there is no need to invest in the managed hosting provider additionally, you can make a room for your WordPress website on the existing cloud itself.
If you need help with the same or are still on the fence about deciding a suitable managed host for you, reach out to our migration experts, who will not only help you settle on the most appropriate solution based on your business needs but also migrate your website flawlessly.