Table of Contents
eCommerce platforms play a vital role in any online operation, despite your business model (whether B2B or B2C). It provides your business a stage to share and sell products online to a broad spectrum of potential customers. Hence, to streamline the way your business interacts with your customers or clients, you need the best performing and rightly suitable eCommerce platform. However, with a variety of eCommerce platforms on the market, choosing the right one seems quite challenging.
So, how to select the best eCommerce platform for you?
Here, understanding several parameters like cost, ease of usage, security, support & improvements, and other key features of any eCommerce platform can help you to select the right one for your business.
eCommerce Trends 2023 [eBook]
Get your free copy
5 Best eCommerce Platforms for 2023:
4⃣ Big Commerce
5⃣ Square Space
Shopify is a SaaS-based eCommerce platform for creating a website to host your online store. It is easy to use irrespective of your extensive technological understanding. Shopify can help you achieve your goals with go-to solutions that best suit your demands.
Highlights for Shopify Features:
- Simple POS (Point-Of-Sale) System for better sales management
- Drop-shipping to connect wholesale suppliers round the world
- SEO for better reach
- Built-in data dashboard to track and enhance site performance
- Automation for abandoned cart checkout emails to remind customers of those products in the basket
- Built-in 256-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate to secure the site from hackers
- PCI Level 1 compliant allows customers to pay with their credit cards right away
Shopify is Best for:
- Print Books & e-books
- Hardware technology
- Digital products
- Household related products
- Beauty and health products
Shopify Pricing Plans:
Shopify provides subscription-based pricing models.+
If you need help with creating custom Shopify development for customizing Shopify themes, customizing Shopify stores, and creating custom Shopify applications, our Shopify developers can help you create and maintain eCommerce stores with a unique look and feel. We help retailers with additional functionality to enhance their online stores.
Magento is a highly advanced PHP-based platform acquired by Adobe in 2018 and has a share of more than 13% of all eCommerce sites. It is an open-source platform, with its community edition free to use for developing an effective UX eCommerce website.
Highlights for Magento Features:
- Precise analytics and reporting (Supported by Google Analytics)
- Lucid UX-centric product browsing functionality
- Catalog management showcasing limitless product attributes
- Easy to manage user accounts with plenty of account functionalities
- Smooth order management
- Painless checkout and shipping procedures
- SEO solutions and reduced site loading time
- Potent tools to strategize business marketing
- Mobile HTML5 technology for mobile-friendly storefront
Magento is Best for:
- Businesses and entrepreneurs with a need to develop a long-term professional eCommerce site.
- Large enterprises for brand building
Magento Pricing Plans:
The enterprise edition cost for Magento depends on your business needs. Hence, to understand the price specific to your business, you will need to request an individualized quote. However, the total cost is based on your store’s average order value and annual online revenue, which can range from $22,000 to $125,000 per year.
WooCommerce is another popular eCommerce platform available today. It is one customizable and open-source shopping cart plugin built on WordPress. Besides, having the necessary elements for an online store, WooCommerce is a lightweight plugin that even WordPress developers can use to set up their online store.
Highlights for WooCommerce Features:
- Stock and track the inventory reports easily with convenient inventory management
- No limitations for the addition of the number of products
- Shipping options allow selecting the method of calculation and destination of shipping
- Easy migration from another eCommerce platform
- Key system to restrict WordPress users’ access to the website
- Simple and quick third-party program connection
- Preferable marketing elements include SEO, owner verification, and streamlined coupon system
- Mobile friendly and scalable
- Sell anything, anywhere with a secure code
WooCommerce is Best for:
- All-size businesses
- WordPress Sites
- B2B selling
- International Sales
|Renewal Price (after one year)
4) Big Commerce
BigCommerce is a SaaS-based eCommerce platform founded in 2009 that offers a range of customizable templates to design your online store. Living to its name, BigCommerce is one eCommerce platform on the market that supports physical, digital, and service-based products without requiring third-party apps as an add-on.
Highlights for BigCommerce Features:
- Drag-and-drop solution to launch and edit site pages
- New visual merchandising tool for user-friendly customization
- Customizable checkout process with server-to-server checkout API and SDK
- Stencil CLI tool for a quick test in the local environment
- Faster site speed with built-in Google Cloud Platform Infrastructure, Google AMP, and Akamai Image Manager
- Stores can be automated through HubSpot BigCommerce Integration
- Authorize various digital wallets (Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, PayPal One Touch, and others)
- Multi-language translation with cross-border fulfillment
- High availability infrastructure to provide the most uptime, resilience, and efficiency to merchants
BigCommerce is Best for:
- Large and fast-growing business
- Purely online businesses
- Well-established eCommerce stores
BigCommerce Pricing Plans:
5) Square Space
Squarespace is an easy-to-use all-in-one platform to build a beautiful online presence for any business. With a bit of a learning curve as yet with strong features, Squarespace Commerce has paved the way in the journey of top eCommerce platforms.
Highlights for Squarespace Features:
- Template personalization to avoid building from scratch
- Drag-and-drop website builder
- Integrates Facebook and Instagram for social selling
- Extensive help center with multiple resources
- Conversion optimization through reporting and insights
- Real-time calculations
- ShipStation makes easy print shipping labels
- Flexible payment options
Squarespace is Best for:
- Artist Solopreneurs
- Small business owners
Squarespace Pricing Plans:
Best eCommerce Platforms Comparison Table
The eCommerce industry shows no signs of hitting a break in the foreseeable future. Selecting the right eCommerce platform to promote your eCommerce business depends entirely on your needs.
For instance, WooCommerce is the right option for your WordPress site. Additionally, most businesses now target social sites for better reach for which Shopify proves to be the best option. Even Shopify App Store makes it easy and quick when integrated into the website. BigCommerce and Magento are the perfect platforms for larger businesses to sustain their online business. Likewise, Squarespace rightly fits startups and small-scale businesses.
Ace Infoway with its 1000+ successful projects provides eCommerce Development Services with the robust and scalable features that come with these top eCommerce website platforms. The experienced and certified developers at Ace Infoway choose the right platform for your business needs to provide you with the most convenience in growing your enterprise goals relentlessly over the online platform. Connect with us now!